This topic develops students’ awareness of the rights, responsibilities and privileges of Australian citizenship.
This topic is made up of five parts. You can present them one at a time or follow on depending on the needs of your students and the time you have available.
- What is citizenship?
- What are community services?
- How do community organisations help people?
- What is active citizenship?
- Community project
When students have finished this topic, they will:
- Understand what we mean when we say ‘citizen’
- Understand the rights and responsibilities of Australian citizens
- Develop an awareness of some ways they can be active citizens
They will learn these skills by:
- Participating in group discussions
- Watching a video
- Completing worksheets
- Completing group activities
Unit of Work Resource