This topic will develop students’ awareness of the roles different levels of government have in Australia.
This topic is made up of five parts. You can present them one at a time or follow on depending on the needs of your students and the time you have available.
When students have finished this topic, they will be able to:
- Identify the three levels of government
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of each level of government
- Identify different government services in their community and who provides them
- Understand the process of elections
They will learn these skills by:
- Participating in a mock election
- Watching a video or presentation
- Completing worksheets
Unit of Work Resource